Recent Articles

Navigation : Home / / Article : Best Dating Advice Ever From Michelle Obama

Best Dating Advice Ever From Michelle Obama

June 04, 2010 | No Comments | Labels :

Recently interviewed in Glamour magazine as part of their "Women of the Year" campaign, Michelle Obama gave some of the best dating advice that this CelebLover has ever heard:
Cute's good. But cute only lasts for so long, and then it's, Who are you as a person? That's the advice I would give to women: Don't look at the bankbook or the title. Look at the heart. Look at the soul. Look at how the guy treats his mother and what he says about women. How he acts with children he doesn't know. And, more important, how does he treat you? When you're dating a man, you should always feel good. You should never feel less than. You should never doubt yourself. You shouldn't be in a relationship with somebody who doesn't make you completely happy and make you feel whole. And if you're in that relationship and you're dating, then my advice is, don't get married. [Source: Glamour]
She sure knows what she's talking about, which got us thinking: What have other First Ladies said about love and relationships? Here are a few nuggets of relationship wisdom from former First Ladies of the United States.

Laura Bush's Advice: "George and I have learned one important thing: whatever happens in life, we handle it."

Hillary Clinton's Advice: "I say you have to be true to yourself. No one story is the same as any other story. I don't know your reality. I can't possibly substitute my judgment for yours… You have to do what is right for you and that may not be what anybody else believes."

Nancy Reagan's Advice: "One of the things my life has taught me is how important it is to try to say, "I love you" in ways that can be preserved, looked at, and read when you are alone or when there is adversity or when circumstances bring separation. In any case, . . . saying "I love you" is one of the "secrets" of the happy marriage that Ronnie and I have shared. Ronnie's letters move me to this day. They are his gift to me across the years, and throughout the decades of love."

Betty Ford's Advice: "You go into it, both of you, as a seventy-thirty proposition. In other words, here I'm giving seventy, he can give thirty, he's giving seventy, I give thirty. When you're going overboard trying to please each other, you can't help but be happy."

Jackie Kennedy Onassis' Advice: "The first time you marry for love, the second for money, and the third for companionship."
Abigail Adams's Advice: "However brilliant a woman's talents may be, she ought never shine at the expense
of her Husband."
Photo via Bauer-Griffin

0 Responses to "Best Dating Advice Ever From Michelle Obama"

Leave a Reply